What is Ozone?
Ozone is a super form of oxygen that has three molecules of oxygen and is known as triatomic oxygen or activated oxygen. Ozone is produced in nature when oxygen encounters ultraviolet light and electrical energy such as lightening and sunshine. Ozone naturally functions to purify the air and water sources in the atmosphere.
What is Ozone Therapy? How is it used in Medicine?
Ozone therapy is the introduction of ozone into the body through various methods, usually involving precise mixing of the ozone with 100% medical grade oxygen and admitting this mixture into the body via vagina, rectum, transdermal, intramuscular injection, subcutaneous injection, or intravenously (also known as Autohemotherapy, in which venous blood is drawn from the patient, exposed to ozone, and the activated blood is re-injected into the patient). Autohemotherapy is the primary method of application that we use with the majority of our patients. Nevertheless, the therapeutic mode of application is ultimately determined by the conditions presented by the individual patient.
Since observing ozone to increase PO2 (oxygen pressure) and form peroxides and hydroxyperoxides when it encounters water in the blood, German, Russian, Cuban, and Spanish medical experts have extensively reported using ozone to kill viruses, destroy bacteria, and eliminate fungi. In so doing, however, they have observed ozone to also produce other important benefits in the human body, including the oxygenation of blood, improved blood circulation, stimulation of oxygen-producing facility in human tissues, immunoregulation, and the improvement of cellular energy production. For these reasons, the range of human health problems that have responded favorably to ozone therapy has shown to be quite broad.
Ozone therapy has been used to successfully treat a multitude of diseases, including but not limited to Flu, Hepatitis, Diabetes, cancerous tumors, AIDS, Arteriosclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, Psychiatric conditions, Lyme Disease, Herpes (Simplex and Zoster), Fungal Diseases, Bacterial Infections, Viruses, Candidiasis, wound-healing difficulties, gangrene, Cirrhosis of the liver, Epstein Bar, Mumps, Measles, Cerebral Sclerosis, Migraine Headache, Pesticide Poisoning, Hypercholesterolemia, Gastro-Intestinal disorders, Colitis, Cystitis, Parkinson’s Disease, Osteomyelitis, and Raynaud’s Disease.
Scientific Studies over the past 100 years, including 5.5 million case studies, have proven that ozone therapy, when used according to specific guidelines, is safe and successful in treating many diseases. Ozone is very productive when following the dose dependent specific guidelines and judiciously applying the Arndt-Schultz principle that states, “any substance is stimulating in a small enough dose, modulating in a larger dose, and suppressive in a still larger dose”. Ozone therapy, as with many other oxidative therapies, works significantly according to this conceptual framework especially in patients characterized by chronic oxidant stress. The aim of appropriately dosed ozone therapy is to stimulate an increased synthesis of antioxidant buffering enzymes which then aids efficient and effective utilization of oxygen and other essential constituents at the cell level.
What Does Ozone Do in the Body?
- Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells.
- Interferon levels are significantly increased.
- Ozone stimulates the production of Tumor Necrosis Factor.
- Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2.
- Ozone kills most bacteria at low concentrations.
- Ozone is effective against all types of fungi.
- Ozone fights viruses in a variety of ways.
- Ozone is anti-neoplastic.
- Ozone oxidizes arterial plaque.
- Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells.
- Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle.
- Ozone makes the anti-oxidant enzyme system more efficient.
- Ozone degrades petrochemicals.
Benefits of Ozone:
- Ozone helps the liver with detoxification.
- Ozone enforces decomposition of excessive fats, such as Cholesterol and Triglycerides, known to damage the blood vessels causing heart attack and stroke.
- Ozone considerably improves the metabolism of the cells that generate energy production in the body (I.e. mitochondria).
- Ozone breaks down the level of uric acid in the body which is a damaging factor for the vessels and the cause of gout.
- Ozone improves blood flow and reduces circulation problems.
- Ozone reduces aggregation and faulty clotting of the red blood corpuscles, thus, improving blood flow and the transport of oxygen.
- Ozone increases the amount of oxygen available to the tissues (oxygen utilization) leading to better absorption of oxygen.
- Ozone kills many kinds of bacteria, viruses, and fungi while also preventing their reappearance.
- The Bottom Line: Ozone Therapy handled properly is a simple, safe and effective method to aid in healing the body.
Photoluminescence Therapy is an Oxidative Therapy that proved itself effective against infections (bacterial, viral, and fungal) and auto-immune disorders by stimulating the body’s own enzymatic system and immune response and increasing oxygen levels in the blood. It was used for decades before the advent of antibiotics, but has not been taught in medical schools since the 1940’s when antibiotics became viewed as the panacea for all infectious diseases.
Antibiotics have contributed great benefit to mankind and have saved millions of lives. However, in questionable less demanding situations, the use of antibiotics as a wooden “cure-all” has come at considerable cost. Severe yeast infections, depression of the immune system, and replacement of the targeted infectious organism with other new drug and treatment resistant organisms that were previously unknown to cause disease have been part of that cost.
This is why we consider Photoluminescence Therapy as a viable, safe, and less repercussive alternative to traditional antibiotic use. We combine Photoluminescence therapy with our powerful ozone autohemotherapy treatment for superior synergistic results.
William Campbell Douglass, MD, recommends Photoluminescence Therapy for the following conditions:
- Immune deficiency problems
- Viral Infections (hepatitis, respiratory, etc.)
- Non-healing wounds and wound infections
- Inflammatory Processes: fibrositis (inflammation of, mainly, the muscle sheath), bursitis, iritis (inflammation of the iris), pancreatitis, etc.
- Autoimmune diseases: rheumatoid arthritis, AIDS, etc.
- Osteomyelitis (bacterial infection of the bone marrow)
- Septicemia (virulent infection of the blood)
- Cancer (experimental at present)
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Most vascular disease
- Thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a blood vessel that results in blood clots)